College towns can offer a lot to retirees:
- Cultural & sporting events
- Life-time-learning programs
- Diverse nightlife
- Infinite dining options
- Exercise trails and fitness facilities
- Public transportation and a cab system
Those are some of the things that make Oxford, MS attractive to retirees. Not only is the University of Mississippi in the center of town, but Northwest Mississippi Community College is just a quick bus ride across Hwy 6. Additionally, Oxford is home to a regional medical facility and several Senior’s housing options.
So, what if you are considering retirement to a college town? Will you be purchasing a house or condo to age-in-place? Will you be joining a retirement community with an assisted living facility for future use? Here are a few things to consider:
- Know the cost. From single family housing to condos, what will be your fixed costs: HOA or condo fees, lawn maintenance, etc. Can you afford the cost of living
- How close to campus and the town’s amenities can you live? Does public transportation exist in the area you are considering to live?
- Know restrictions: visitors, pets, cars/RVs/boats, and gardening.
- Investigate the true benefits of the college or university if you want to take courses: tuition waivers, limit on classes per semester, online access and accessibility to campus events.
For more information about choosing a retirement destination, Click Here
“You can count on an SRES to guide you through the process of buying or selling your home, making the transaction less stressful and more successful.”
Eileen Saunders SRES, REALTOR with Tommy Morgan Realtors 2092 Old Taylor Road Oxford, MS 38655 662-404-0816/662-234-5344 Equal Housing
Four times a year I have a new and current Home Seller’s Guide and Home Buyer’s Guide available free. They’re here; just click the picture for a downloadable version.
Now is a great time for both Buyers and Sellers and here’s why:
Interest rates are still relatively low. The rates are projected to go up and are higher than they were this time last year so now is the time to lock in a rate you can be happy with. Still, rates are a lot lower than they have been in the past and have been the lowest since 1971. Before you start looking, meet with your banker or mortgage company to get pre-qualified for a loan. Then you will know exactly how much you can afford and you won’t be wasting your time or spinning your wheels in the wrong price range. You may be surprised at how much you can afford. Then, call your REALTOR and start looking. I would love to be your REALTOR so check out my profile online and on Facebook.
Why Wait???? Typically, inventory builds in March and if you wait until then you’ll have a lot more competition. Right now we have both an inventory shortage and a sudden uptick of buyers in Oxford and surrounding areas. The political season is over, the Dow is at a record high and there is market confidence. Wouldn’t it be great to get it sold quicker? Make sure your house and yard are in great condition because curb appeal sells and so does a house that is move-in-ready. It is proven that sellers who utilize real estate professionals get their houses sold faster and for more money.. If this is something you want, schedule an appointment with me for more information.
I hope these guides can help you. Enjoy! And, best wishes.
Eileen Saunders, SRES, REALTOR Tommy Morgan Realtors 2092 Old Taylor Road Oxford MS 38655 662-404-0816 | 662-234-5344 Equal Housing
It’s here: the Summer 2016 edition of “100 Things To Do In Oxford MS”.
Download it here.
Then have fun this summer.
Eileen Saunders, REALTOR with Tommy Morgan Realtors, 2092 Old Taylor Road, Oxford, MS 38655. 662-404-0816/662-234-5344 Equal Housing
Wondering what to do in Oxford, Mississippi this summer?
Here’s a list with some great ideas:
- Swim at the Oxford City pool or the one in your neighborhood
- Take a mountain bike ride on the Whirlpool Trails or just take a walk
- Tune into a live MPB broadcast performance of Thacker Mountain Radio during August
- Tour Cedar Oaks
- Borrow seeds from the Seed Lending Library at the Oxford public library
There are 95 more ideas on this printable list: 100 Things To Do This Summer
Click, print and enjoy your summer in Oxford!
Eileen Saunders, Realtor ~~ Tommy Morgan, Inc., Realtors, 2092 Old Taylor Rd., Oxford, MS~~ 662-234-5344 (o), 662-404-0816 (m)
It’s almost time for the most beloved festival in Oxford, MS…the Double Decker Festival.
If you haven’t already, then make plans to attend. The festival takes place around the Square this month on the weekend of April 24-25.
Click here for the festival website and I hope to see you there.
Eileen P. Saunders, Realtor
Tommy Morgan, Inc., Realtors
2092 Old Taylor Rd., Suite 101
Oxford, MS 38655