Oxford can sometimes have amazing weather in January. Average temps are usually in the 50s. So what do you do when the weather is great? Get outside and enjoy Oxford. Explore. Hike. Walk around the Square. Go to the park. Walk to the museums. Did you know there are 100 things to do in Oxford MS?
There are really over 100 fun and interesting things to do in Oxford but when I compiled a list of things to do for my family, I had to stop my list at some point. This is a list I want to share with you and I publish it 3 times a year: Winter/Spring list, Summer edition and Fall/Christmas.
The Winter/Spring 2018 edition of 100 Things To Do In Oxford MS is available. Download a copy of it here, today or pick up a copy from the Visitor’s Center on Jackson Avenue at the Square.
Here’s just a sampling of some things to do and what events you can participate in this month:
- Pop Up Oxford January 22-23
- Oxford Fiber Festival January 26-28
- Oxford Film Festival February 7-11
- Bike or hike the Whirlpool Trails/Thacker Mountain Rail Trail
- Picnic on the Grove or Rowan Oak
- Go Geocaching
- Play golf or frisbee golf
- Hike the Bailey Woods Trail
- Enjoy the Parks: Lamar, Avent, Stone and the skating park on Bramlett Blvd.
- Take a walking tour of Oxford, a tree tour or get a list of haunted landmarks and visit them.
RAINY DAY FUN:
- UM Museum, Burns Belfry, Cedar Oaks and others
- Hang with friends at a coffee or yogurt shop
- Go bowling
- Catch a movie