Christmas is right around the corner.
Oxford MS residents are dressing up their homes with lights and greenery. Store shelves are emptying out as students clamor between classes and studying for exams, to get their friends and professors a gift. Businesses are preparing for the holiday office party. Christmas tree sellers are almost sold out.
But if you want to take a break from the planning and doing, and just want to have some fun, here are some things to consider:
- University Holiday Concert, Friday Dec 4, 7pm at the Ford Center
- Oxford Christmas Parade through the Square, Dec 7
- Gingerbread House display, Ford Center, Dec 3-19
- Santa’s Workshop, UM Museum, Dec 5, 10am-1pm
- Holiday Ornament Auction, Dec 10, 7pm, Powerhouse
- A Christmas Carol, Dec 5, 3pm, Ford Center
- Christmas with the Celts, Dec 13, 3pm, Ford Center
- Oxford Civic Chorus presents A Ticket to Ride, Dec 14, 7pm, North Oxford Baptist Church
- Drive around the various neighborhoods at night and look at Christmas lights.
- Take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the Square while the Christmas lights are on.
Remember, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singling loud for all to hear. I wouldn’t be surprised if I find a few of you huddled together on the Square singing Christmas songs. Enjoy!
Eileen Saunders, Realtor~Tommy Morgan Realtors, 2092 Old Taylor Road, Oxford, MS 38655~662-404-0816 or 662-234-5344~Equal Housing