It’s true that trees can add value to a home. They can also do a lot more:
- Trees add a cooling effect for your house when planted in the correct space. According to the Center for Urban Forest Research, a tree planted on the west side of your house can save you 3% in energy bill after 5 years. And, the USDA claims that properly places trees can reduce both air conditioning and heating needs.
- It is believed that landscaping with trees can increase property values. Mature trees can add appraised value to your home, according to the Council of Tree and Landscape Appraiser.
- Trees add an aesthetic quality to a home. A landscaped yard, with trees included, add to the curb appeal of the house making it more appealing to potential renters or buyers.
- Trees can reduce runoff and erosion on your property. This allows the ground water supply to stay at top levels which is important for tree survival. Tree roots can also keep sediment and harmful chemicals from entering streams.
- If you need a Green reason to plant trees, the USDA estimates that one acre of forest can absorb 6 tons of CO2 and adds 4 tons of oxygen, which we need to breathe.
- And for mental health, Texan A&M University research determined that visual exposure to tree trees reduces stress, blood pressure and muscle tension.
So why wouldn’t you want to plant trees on your yard?
Eileen Saunders, Realtor ~~ Tommy Morgan, Inc., Realtors, 2092 Old Taylor Rd., Oxford, MS~~ 662-234-5344 (o) or 662-404-0816